Dylan's birthday present. He is so excited
about his "really cool train track."
Today my sweet little boy is 3!
Where did the time go? Steve and I were just reminiscing about the events surrounding Dylan's birth. I had gone into labor 7 weeks before Dylan's due date (which was November 5th). I was in and out of the hospital 2 times before I had him. The second time I was in the hospital for 4 days. It was a time of such mixed emotion. Going home from the hospital without a baby but relieved that he had not come 6 weeks early. I spend 2 excruciating weeks on bed rest. I had to take medicine to help stop labor. It made me feel horrible. The Doctors reassured me it would not affect Dylan, but how could they be sure? We got to our anniversary day and I decided enough with this bed rest thing and we went out for dinner! The next day I stopped taking the medicine and started feeling contractions by mid morning. They were not extremely strong but enough to notice. They did wake me at midnight and I labored at home until 4 when I couldn't take it any more. We went to the hospital full of anticipation and excitement (don't get me wrong there was a lot of grogginess and pain as well). The sweet relief of my epidural came at 8:30. At around 11:00 I started having intense pain again. There were no doctors to be found since it seemed that all the babies decided to come at once. Finally at 12 someone came in and checked me. She said "hey dad what color is the baby's hair?" WHAT!!! I started pushing and 7 minutes later Dylan arrived. I was so relieved when they said that he was fine. He had this little cry which was actually more like a squeak. It was so cute.
Dylan has been such a blessing in our lives.
He loves to snuggle and give us lots of hugs and kisses.


He loves the standard little boys things.
Trucks, construction equipment and trains are his favorite.


But he is also quite the little intellectual.
He loves organizing letters and reading books.

He loves playing with his little brother.
He is so good at sharing and helping Ethan.

And has become my little outdoorsman

Dylan you are my sweet little boy and I will always love you.



Happy Birthday!
1 comment:
happy birthday dylan!!!! hope your day was wonderful!!! :)
Post a Comment