Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Random Thoughts

It has been way too long since I wrote in my blog. I guess I can call it a blog break. I have hit that winter hibernation feeling. I want snow and yet I want winter to be over so that we can be outside without freezing.

We are excited for the Philadelphia Auto Show coming up this weekend. We will be taking Dylan with us again this year. Ethan will be hanging with my sister for the day. Sorry Ethan you are too wild to come this year :) We will be taking the train into the city. It goes right to the convention center. It is so convenient plus Dylan gets to ride in the train. Last year he was pretty nervous about the whole experience, I am hoping this year will be much more enjoyable.

I have been doing a lot of thinking about the whole going back to work vs. staying at home thing. I have also been thinking about some things that I might be able to do while I am hope to make a little extra income. I am not really excited about going back to work, but my certification comes due next year and I need a ton of education credits in order to keep it. I worked so hard to get my certification it would be a shame to let it go, but credits are quite costly. I have been trying to figure out what some of my other options might be. I know someone who has an online business making cards. Cool idea and sounds like fun. My mind is just going 1000 different directions on this. I am praying that I will have some guidance on this. I have considered watching other kids part time but honestly I am not sure I really want to take on any more kids. Anyway... to be determined.

Dylan is just starting to figure out how to push the bedtime routine. Up until now he has gone to bed without even a peep. It has been trying at times but also a little humorous. I leave you with this dialogue.
Dylan is laying on the couch sucking his thumb (a telltale sign he is tired)
Me: Dylan you have 2 minutes before it is time for bed.
Dylan: "I have 2 minutes" (he immediately gets up and plays with his toys)
Me: (After 2 minutes) Ok Dylan it's time for bed.
Dylan: I have 2 more minutes before it's time for bed......

No comments: