Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Bread and Cute Kids

First of all, I am proud to report that my bread making adventure went well today. I made three loaves of shredded wheat bread (a recipe from Steve's family). I am so pleased. It took a lot of time but it was well worth it. The house smelled so good today.

We had some with dinner and it was so yummy. I probably could have just had bread for dinner tonight. Dylan helped me crumble all the shredded wheat and he helped a little with kneading the dough. He was very excited to see the process. He asked all day "mommy is it big yet? Can we bake it and eat it?" I was amazed that he understood the process.


Dylan has really taken an interest in baking lately. Steve often will make chocolate chip cookies on Sunday nights. Dylan has been right by his side for the last few weeks helping make the cookies. This past Sunday evening he made brownies instead. Dylan was excited to try something new. He did very well, but I do believe his favorite part was licking the bowl at the end.


Tonight the boys were being so funny at bath time. We have been having some trouble with Dylan wanting to hug Ethan but being a little too rough with his hugs. Tonight while the boys were in the tub Ethan decided it was his turn to give hugs. He climbed on top of Dylan gave him hugs and then jumped on his back. It was so comical.

1 comment:

Megan said...

I love making bread - but I'm still perfecting it and trying to find a whole wheat recipe that works well for sandwiches - how do they get it so soft?!