For the last week the weather people have been dangling the carrot of potential snow in front of us. At first "this is going to be a big nor'easter" then "we don't think that this will amount to much". Yesterday it began to snow and we were so excited. Dylan wanted to go out and play in the snow as soon as he saw those flakes falling. But as the day wore on we realized the snow was just not sticking. It was melting as soon as it hit the ground. I was feeling a little down by mid afternoon at the lack of snow. But as it began to get dark we noticed that it was snowing harder and the snow was finally sticking. Was there hope??? I continued to watch it through the evening and it continued to snow. Yeah! There will be snow for us to play in!!!!
This morning to every one's delight we found 5 inches of pretty fluffy snow. Now I must say that if I had to go to work this morning I wouldn't have been celebrating. But since I am home this means extra sledding fun for the day.
First, Dylan helped me shovel out the drive way. He is actually a great helper.
Ethan stood around and looked cute

Then we were off to go slide down the hill.
First it was Dylan's turn.

Then Ethan wanted to try. He smiled all the way down. Once at the bottom he said "again"

What a great morning out. We came in tired and hungry. Hopefully everyone will take a good nap!
2 comments:
I am so glad you guys got the snow you've been waiting for. It looks like the boys had a great time sledding! Hope all is well. Miss you all!
That was such a fun day to actually be able to play in the snow. I wonder if that's it for the winter?!
Post a Comment