Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Long Beach Island

I have been meaning to write this post for a few days now. But I feel like I haven't had a moment to do so.

Last week we went to Long Beach Island NJ. My family has been going to the beach here for a very long time. My grandparents had a house in Ship Bottom throughout my childhood and only sold it a few years ago. The last two years we have rented a house not too far away from my grandparents old beach house. I have so many fond childhood memories of LBI. I am so excited that I can now share some memories with my kids there too.

This vacation is a whole family affair. My grandparents, parents, aunt and uncle and my sister all come (and yes we all share one house). Yes it is tight and yes by mid week people do grate on one another, but overall we had a great time with each other

We had a great week. The weather was perfect. Beautiful sunny days. Not too hot or cold. The ocean water was not freezing (for the most part). We even went in swimming at least 3 of the days. There was a great sandbar so we would walk out pretty far. The boys had so much fun playing at the beach. In years past Dylan has been afraid of the waves. This year he was ok to play at the water's edge. Ethan on the other hand would run right into the ocean. We had to watch him carefully since the waves didn't even phase him. His big activity was to find shells on the beach and throw them into the ocean. He spent hours doing this. Thanks to my sister Allison for spending hours with him finding shell after shell.

Here are a few pictures of the week.






A shell!




Auntie Allison and my Aunt Sheryl helping Ethan find shells



Dylan and grandpa making "BIG mountains"

No comments: