Thursday, June 11, 2009

Garden Fresh, painting and back to work?

What an odd combination for a title!

The first fruits of our labor are finally here. For the last few weeks we have been enjoying a beautiful lettuce mix, spinach and broccoli. We have been eating salads almost every night, and trying a variety of recipes with spinach. My favorite so far has been Garlic Chicken Pasta with Spinach from http://mykitchencafe.blogspot.com (of course). Very tasty with the fresh spinach. We are anxiously awaiting the carrots, tomatoes and cauliflower. We are also waiting for onions and celery (but those are more for cooking than eating right out of the garden). We also just got some green bean and zucchini plants. I am very excited for those to come too.

Other than our garden, I have been trying to decide on a color combination to paint our living room, dining room and kitchen. For those of you who have not been to our house, it is very open. These three rooms are very open which is something that we love. But I am trying to figure out where one room's paint color is going to end and another will begin. Now I just need to have to time to actually do the painting!!!

Lastly, I have been thinking a lot about whether I should go back to work in the fall. Initially, I had only planned on staying home with the boys for a year. But after that year, I really felt like I still needed to be home with the boys. Over the course of the last few months I have realized that if I am to keep my certification (CTRS) I will need to resume working this fall in order to get enough continuing education credits before next year. I am still not sure if this is the path that I want to take but it is worth doing some research. Steve and I have worked out the numbers to see what I would need to make in order to make it "worth it" (with daycare expenses and things of the sort). My plan is to put my resume out there to "test the waters" this summer. If something comes a long that is too good to pass up, I think I will go for it. If not, I am very content to stay home with my children. I am trying to leave this in God's hands. This is something that I have put a lot of thought (and worry) in to. But I believe that God will show me where He would like me to be.

No comments: