Thursday, February 17, 2011

Randomness

Ok.  When I said that I was going to try to blog every week, I really ment once a month!!  I entitled this entry "randomness" because that that pretty much sums up my feeling these past few weeks.  I believe that the winter blahs combined with minimal sleep at night (thanks to my dear sweet Ethan) have caused me to feel a certain depressed mood.  Not that I have lost all hope or anything like that.  But just a lack of enthusiasm about anything.  I want to get out and enjoy being with other people and do fun things with my kids.  But I find myself staying at home, being  short tempered with my kids and my husband and just generally grumpy.  I am hoping that with spring just around the corner, things will pick up again.  I also think that I need to pray for a softer heart.  I was so disheartened the other day when I made a comment that was quite harsh to my husband.  He called me out on it and it really stopped me in my tracks.  Have I grown so cold and calloused?  I pride myself in being this sweet, caring, gracious person.  How did this harshness creep into my soul?  My prayer is that God will soften my heart once more.  That he will give me grace to pass on to others and peace.  I share this with you in hopes that you will also hold me accountable.  I want to start caring again. 

No comments: