One of my new years resolutions for 2011 is to do better at blogging. I was seriously debating about giving up my blog all together. But I realized that I really like looking back at my old postings and reading the fun stories about the boys and the things we have done together. So, I am going to try hard to post something at least once a week. Yes, that is a challenge!
I have had a major case of the winter blahs. For some reason this year I am not embracing winter as readily as other years. I have totally lost the desire to go and do anything. I have been having dreams almost every night about being at the beach and being outside in the green grass. I have already started planning my garden for the spring. I can wait until we can eat fresh fruits and veggies and be outside until 9 every night and have BBQ's with friends and go swimming. I hope that I can shake this funk soon or it is going to be a long next few months.
So, in order to try to stay positive here is my list of some of my favorite things about winter.
* Sledding with the kids. There is something about speeding down a hill on a sled that makes me feel young.
* Ice skating. We don't get to ice skate very often but this year we had a blast ice skating on my parents pond when we were up for New Years. The ice was so smooth and perfect.
*Hot Chocolate. I am a huge fan of that warm chocolatey goodness.
*Of course all of the Christmas festivities.
* Wearing warm and fuzzy boots. Yes I am in love with my fuzzy sweater boots. They are soooo warm.
* Soup in the crock pot and home made bread. A cold weather staple in my house.
* The beauty of a fresh snow on the trees and on the ground. Everything looks so clean and pure. A gently falling snow is truly calming to me.
Wow! I feel a little better already. I will close with one of my favorite snow pictures from our time in Maine.
on needing to write.
10 years ago
2 comments:
Funny Jen, I wrote a post yesterday about how much I am NOT liking this winter as well! Way to stay positive. Spring is coming!
That was so funny Holly. I read yours right after I had posted mine. You and I are in the same place. We have got to get together again. We will come out in the spring when we can be outside. *Dreaming* :)
Post a Comment