
This is a little late but I wanted to write this one to my big boy. I still can't believe that you are 4. It seems like just yesterday you were just a baby in my arms. I am so enjoying you at this age. You are really beginning to understand the world around you. My favorite phrases right now are "Mommy/Daddy, will you go to a football game with me?" "Can we go on a fighter plane?" "Do you want to ride in a helicopter with me?" "Daddy, can we go on a rocket ship and go to the moon? Oh yeah we need to be astronauts!!" You of course loves all of the little boy things; firetrucks, trucks, tractors, trains and dinosaurs. But you also love to sing, play games, help cook and paint and color. I love that you are not afraid to pick up frogs and love looking at bugs. You have such a calm and gentle way about you. You are so caring a loving toward us and Ethan. Even though you don't see them very often, you love spending time with your Great Grandparents, Grandparents and your Aunties.
It's hard to believe that you started preschool this fall. You love going to school so much. I was so worried that you might have a hard time with the transition, but you have done so well. Even your first day you surprised me by saying "Good bye mommy, I will see you in a little bit when you come pick me up. I am so excited for my new school." A little bittersweet to hear but I am so proud of you.
This year we celebrated your birthday with family in Maine. You played outside in a pile of fall leaves for quite some time. You even helped your Auntie Sarah make your birthday cake. It was a chocolate cake with green icing (you picked the color). What fun. I love that you requested pancakes and Chocolate cake for your birthday dinner.
Dylan, you are a special little boy. I love you so much. I pray that your daddy and I can raise you to be a Godly man. A man who is kind and compassionate and who seeks the Lord diligently.
Here are some of my favorite pictures of you. I love your sense of humor.


There is a very similar picture of me doing a headstand when I was your age.


You love spending time with your daddy.

Yeah for a big pile of leaves to jump in with grandma.

And hanging with Grandma and Grandpa at the beach.
No comments:
Post a Comment