This summer my mother in law was diagnosed with Breast Cancer. While we were there she was finishing up her treatments. And I am happy to report that she is now cancer free. Praise God!!
While we were up there we (Steve) spent some time helping to get things done around the house and outside. I mostly occupied the boys but tried to help out when I could too. I am glad that were able to help out a little. I do feel bad that we are not closer and can't always help out when we are needed. My sister in law, Sarah who also lives in Maine has done so much to help out her mom this summer (You are awesome Sarah).
We were also able to have some fun and play. We spent some days at the beach and at the lake. One of the things that I just love about Maine is all of it's lakes. There are so many everywhere you go. My dream is someday to have a house on a lake. There is something so calming about watching the sun glisten on the water and of course jumping in whenever you wish. Anyway, back to playing.... The beach was great. The water was surprisingly warm and the waves just small enough for the kids to play in them. Picture perfect. I have so many pictures but here are a few of my favorites.
Here are some lake pictures. Relaxing!!!
We enjoyed lots of family time while we were there too.
1 comment:
It looks like you had a wonderful time! I had no idea about your mother in law. I am so glad she is now cancer free! I will add her to my prayers.
Post a Comment