I don't usually blog about cooking blunders but this one seemed blog worthy. I have been using the website www.mykitchencafe.blogspot.com for some really yummy (and easy) recipe ideas. Tonight was my second time making the burbon chicken. The first time turned out so good. I was in the mood for it again tonight. Well... this time I was not giving dinner my full attention as I had the previous time making this dish. I did not have any clean measuring spoons and so I figured that I could eyeball adding the spices. It was the ginger that did me in. My burbon chicken was so spicy that we couldn't even eat it. Steve kindly ate a few bites but it was a struggle. Now for all of you "the spicier the better" folks out there, this was the right recipe for you. But for us boring folk who like things much more mild, well let's just say we were way out of our league!!! We abandoned my meal disaster and went for some icecream sundaes instead. Much better!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment