Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Growing up

I was watching the boys today in awe at how much they are growing up. Their unique personalities are beginning to come out. I see a lot of myself in Dylan. He is a little reserved. He wants to observe before trying something new. He is so loving and caring toward others. Just recently the boys have been hugging and giving kisses to one another before nap and bedtime. I have not actually caught this yet on camera b/c my heart is just melting every time they do it. I do need to get pictures though (who knows how long this will last).

Ethan has been learning new words almost daily. Today I heard him say "that's funny" as he was playing with a toy that makes funny noises. Ethan is all toddler now. He is very opinionated about things. He always wants things to go his way and if they don't, we know about it. But we are also seeing a dare devil side of Ethan that we never saw in Dylan. It is funny how they can be so similar yet so different.

As Ethan approaches 21 months old we are feeling a little bitter sweet since Dylan was 21 months old when Ethan was born. I am honestly trying to figure out how I managed a 21 month old and a newborn!! Crazy, yes but now I would not change it for the world. Now the next question.....do we even consider 3?????? Only time will tell on that one :)

That is all I have for tonight.

No comments: