Sunday, September 21, 2008

Linvilla Orchards


Oh what a week it has been! The boys both came down with nasty colds this week. We have spent the week laying low. The boys have been quite miserable (I would be too if someone was constantly wiping my nose). By Friday we were all becoming a little stir crazy. We were invited to go to Linvilla Orchards with some friends. I was very excited to get out amongst people again.

Linvilla Orchards is located in Media (about 30 min from here). They have so much great stuff to do. There is a place to pick your own fruit. This time of year is apples of course but there is peach, pear, strawberry and blueberry picking earlier in the summer. We did not get to go apple picking this time, but I think that we will have to go back in the near future so that we can do it. They take you to the orchards in a hay wagon. What a great idea. So fun for the kids!

There is also this great playground for the kids. We spent a lot of time here. The playground is made up of wooden play structures made to replicate items found around the orchard: An apple truck, a barn, tractor, train and many other items. Dylan loved the train. I had hoped to get a picture of the boys playing on the playground but Ethan is a little dare devil and I had to be by his side the entire time.

There were some cool chickens, ducks, guinea hens and horses at the orchards too. There were miniature chickens and roosters. I have never seen them that small before. I am kicking myself that I didn't get a picture! I have decided that Steve needs to come with us next time we go.

We had such a fun day. I can't wait to go again (maybe I had more fun than the kids)

No comments: