Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Long Beach Island 2010

There is one family tradition that I look forward to year after year. For many, many years (since before I was born) my moms side of the family has made their way to LBI for some summertime fun. In fact, I just found out that my great, great grandfather enjoyed spending time at LBI. My great grandparents and my grandparents both had beach housed there at one time. It's calm atmosphere is so appealing to me.Last week we gathered together for yet another week together at LBI. We were so happy to have my Aunt Wendy join us this year as well. She lives on Nantucket Island and we don't get to see her very often. We had a very full beach house but it is always nice to be together as a family. They boys really enjoyed the beach this year too. It was fun building sand castles, flying kites and jumping waves with them. I can only hope that they will grow up with many fond memories of LBI.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful time!