This year we were so excited to have everyone come here for Christmas. I should start out with our Christmas preparations. We were excited to get a real Christmas tree this year. We usually use our artificial tree the years we are not going to be here for Christmas. Anyway.... I just love having a real Christmas tree. It smells so good and there is something so heartwarming about it. The boys were really into helping to decorate the tree. Dylan was so excited to rediscover the ornaments he had received from previous Christmases.
One of my favorite things I did with the boys this year was a gingerbread house. Despite the fact that Ethan thought that all the candy belonged in his mouth, I think it turned out pretty well.
Another fun thing that we did this year was go to Christmas Candy Lane in Hershey. We went out as soon as Steve was finished with work and had dinner there. They we walked around the park looking at the pretty lights and of course riding the rides. Dylan and Ethan's favorite was the tiny tracks train ride. I think they rode it 5 or 6 times.
I really wish we had taken more pictures of Candy lane. But the boys were just running from one ride to the next. They had so much fun. We stayed until the park closed and then drove home.
On Dylan's last day of school, the kids put on a Christmas program. We had forgotten our camera (yes I know, how do parents forget their camera when their child is doing his first school program). I am hoping that my sister got some good shots which I will add later. Dylan was so excited about singing the songs that he had learned. He sang his heart out and played his tambourine so well. The both sad and humorous part of the story comes at the end of the program when a "special guest" enters the room. That's right, Santa arrived at the end of the Christmas program. Poor Dylan is so petrified of Santa (can't figure out what caused such fear). He immedialty ran to his teacher and literally climbed her like a tree. His teacher said later she had never seen anything like it. That is my son. But all in all it was a fun night.
As we were preparing for everyone to come for Christmas, I was busy in the kitchen trying to get food ready. The boys were a big help with making the rolls.
We were really excited to have a white Christmas this year. We were outside every possible moment the two days after it snowed.
Ethan was so intrigued by the fact that the snow went above his knees.
In my next blog I will post all about Christmas and New Years.
1 comment:
I love the gingerbread house Jen! You guys did a great job!
Post a Comment