Friday, December 4, 2009

Our first time hosting Thanksgiving

This year we were excited to finally host Thanksgiving at our house. We had my grandparents, my other grandmother, my parents, sister and some good friends, the Gutierrez family. This was the first time that my one grandmother had been to our home. I was so glad to have her here.

We had a pretty standard Thanksgiving dinner: Turkey, gravy, stuffing, mashed potatoes, squash, corn, green bean casserole, salad and home made cinnamon rolls. I was excited to find a recipe for a festive salad dressing using cranberry sauce, pears and ginger. Yum! I think this may be my new favorite dressing for a salad. For dessert we had pumpkin pie and some really yummy Mexican 3 milk cake (made by my dear friend Sofia) .

I must admit that I was a little concerned about getting the timing of everything just right. And in the end I must say that everything came out perfectly. We cooked a 20 lb. turkey and it came out beautifully. I highly recommend using the oven bags to cook a great turkey.

I feel so blessed. There are so many things that I could list that I am thankful for. I thank God that He has been so good to me.

No comments: