Friday, February 26, 2010

My newest obsession

I have a new love (sorry honey). I found a recipe for the most amazing Cinnamon Swirl bread. I just can't stop making (or eating) it. It is so sweet and yummy, especially when it is still warm. I have made french toast with it and yummy lunchtime sandwiches. I seriously can't get enough of the stuff.

So here it is, my new favorite bread recipe.

1. Dissolve 1 packet of dry yeast with a pinch of sugar in 1 cup of lukewarm water. Let sit for 15 minutes (until mixture bubbles).
2. Combine yeast mixture with 3 C. Flour, 1 tsp salt, 3 Tbsp. sugar, 6Tbsp. Butter (softened), 1/4 C. dry milk and 1/2 C. Instant Mashed Potato Flakes. Mix using dough hooks for 7 minutes (or until dough is smooth).
3. Place dough in greased bowl, cover and let rise until doubled (about an hour).
4. Transfer dough to lightly greased work surface. Pat into 6x12 rectangle.
5. Brush with egg wash mixture (1 egg and 1Tbsp. water stirred). Sprinkle with filling (1/4 C. Sugar, 1 1/2 Tsp. cinnamon and 2 Tsp. Flour).
6. Roll dough into log and transfer seam down to greased bread pan. Tent loosely with greased plastic and let rise for an hour.
7. Bake bread on 350 for 40-45 minutes. Tent with foil for the first 15 minutes.

No comments: